At St Mary and St Peter the children are required to wear a school uniform. A high standard of personal appearance is expected of all pupils.
The items for children to select to wear from the school uniform are listed below:
- Red jumpers, sweatshirts or cardigans
(these are available with a school logo on from Harrisons but it is not a requirement for children to wear a jumper or cardigan with the school logo on)
- Grey trousers, skirts, pinafores, culottes or shorts
- White polo shirts (these are available with a school logo on from Harrisons but it is not a requirement for children to wear a jumper or cardigan with the school logo on)
- Black shoes or trainers
- White, grey or red socks or tights (these must be plain not patterned)
- Red checked dresses
- No jewellery is permitted except a simple wrist watch and small stud earrings
- Long hair must be tied back at all times
- Plain white t-shirt
- Plain shorts
- Plain jogging bottoms or leggings and a sweatshirt for outdoor PE lessons when the weather can be changeable (these will be needed in school for most of the school year)
There will be no defined period of time when children can wear what is most often referred to as a ‘summer uniform.’ They will be able to wear whatever clothing is listed above when they choose so that they can be as comfortable as possible in school.
This set of requirements has been put together as a result of lengthy consideration of the consultation with parents, children and staff. In addition, governors gave much consideration to making sure that the proposal meets the needs of any individual pupil to accommodate their religion or belief, ethnicity, or disability and that it meets with the guidance published by the Department for Education.
How to buy uniform
Most supermarkets and high-street clothing stores sell items of children’s clothing and footwear at low prices that meet our uniform policy as listed above. No child is required to wear any item with a school logo on, this is your preference.
All items of embroidered school uniform can be purchased from:
73 Southtown Road,
Telephone Number: – 01439 662214